Report Designer is an interactive utility for IBM i .
With Report Designer an applications programmer can create and maintain
report record formats coded in DDS,
RPG, or ILE/RPG. It replaces printer layout charts and hand coding of DDS,
RPG, or ILE/RPG specifications.
- Functionally equivalent to IBM's® Screen Design Aid ( SDA),
with extensions for printer files.
- Supports all DDS keywords and works with existing printer file source members.
- Supports RPG internally described printer files and works with existing
- Supports both RPG and ILE/RPG.
- Work Display supports 27 line X 132 column display mode.
- Provides windowing and paging for designing reports that are larger
than the display device.
- Handles report widths up to the DDS maximum of 378 columns.
- Allows field selection from existing database files.
- Enables printing of sample reports, both in batch and interactively.
- Converts between RPG internally described and DDS externally described printer specifications.
- Retains and reapplies printer file creation parameters.
Gumbo products include a range of standard features that make them easy
to use, easy to manage, and easy to live with:
- Extensive manual, both online as menu option 1 and in PDF PDF (See downloads page).
- Context sensitive help for every command and parameter.
- Menu that provides organized access to the product's features.
- The product is packaged as a licensed program and participates in the full
range of support provided by IBM i.
Licensed program installation, PTF management, etc. are handled with the same commands used to manage IBM®
- Unlike IBM®
Licensed Programs, our products are packaged to allow multiple releases
to be installed at the same time. This facilitates new
- Product PTFs
are available on the web or can be retrieved and installed in a single
our Retrieve Gumbo PTF (RTVGSIPTF) command.
- Our products include a hot site friendly automatic
authorization function that allows you to immediately move operations
to any back up or fail over machine without contacting us for a license
key or authorization code.
- We include a Check Product Authorization (CHKPRDAUT) command that allows
you to exercise the product's authorization algorithm and insure there are
no authorization "surprises".
- An installation verification option is available on the menu. You can
easily verify that the product is correctly installed.
- All (applicable) objects in our products are digitally
signed allowing you to verify their integrity. Modifications that could
jeopardize the security of your system are easily detected with IBM i's Check Object Integrity (CHKOBJITG) command.
- Our products are upward compatible with future
IBM i releases.
You can install a new
IBM i release without
installing a new release from us.
- Our products are compatible with all IBM i security levels. We use only published interfaces.
For additional information see: Answers to the most frequently
asked general product questions.
Report Designer is priced at $1,700 US Dollars for any system running IBM i.
The one time charge includes the first year of maintenance
services. You are purchasing a permanent license to use Report Designer
subject to the terms of a license agreement and upgrade policy.
A fully functional 30-day trial of the product is available
for immediate download. There is no obligation. To receive an invoice, fill out an Invoice